Your Actiontec Windstream T3200 router uses a firewall to help protect your home network from potential threats coming from the Internet. It does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that are not authorized. This is why sometimes when you are playing an online game or using an online application it won't run as smoothly as you think it should. Some of the connections may be being blocked by your firewall. To fix this annoying problem you need to open the game or application's ports. This is called a port forward.
In this guide we will be showing you how to create a port forward on the Actiontec Windstream T3200 router. We will walk you through each of the following steps:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Actiontec Windstream T3200 router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of your router.
- Then we will show you how to create a port forward on this router.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
It is now time to login to the Actiontec Windstream T3200 router. Your router uses a web interface which means you need to login using a web browser. It doesn't matter which browser you decide to use, simply pick your favorite. Some of the more common options are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Edge.
Once you have picked the web browser, go ahead and open it. Then look for the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Actiontec T3200 IP Address is: 192.168.254.254
Of course if you have changed the router's IP address in the past then you need to enter that IP address instead of the default one. If you changed it and don't remember what you changed it to, follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
After entering the router's IP address in the address bar just click the Enter key and you should be shown the following page:
On the upper right side of the page you should see two boxes for the username and password. Above it, reads Log in to make changes to the modem's settings.
Simply input the router's username and password in the two boxes and press the green Login button.
- The Default Actiontec T3200 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Actiontec T3200 Router Password is: password
If you are having trouble logging into the Actiontec Windstream T3200 router, we have a couple things you can try:
- First, we strongly recommend trying other Actiontec usernames and passwords. It's possible you have a different firmware version and with that could be a different username and/or password. Here is our list of Default Actiontec Router Passwords.
- If that first option did not work, it is because you changed it in the past and don't remember what you changed it to. Why not trying to guess what you changed it to? We recommend using our Find Password App to help. Learn all about it on this Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally if both the above ideas did not work it might be time to consider a reset. A reset like this is a big step and should not be taken lightly. All your personal information is erased. Learn more about resetting the Actiontec Windstream T3200 router on this How to Reset a Router page.
Now that you are logged into the router it is time to find the port forwarding section. To help you do this we start on the Home screen.
On this page, click the link at the top of the page labeled Firewall.
You are now on the page you see above. Click the link in the left sidebar labeled Port Forwarding.
The page you see above is the correct page to create a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
From the Select LAN Device dropdown box select Manually enter the IP address.
You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the LAN IP Address box. It's possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the External (WAN) Start Port, External (WAN) End Port, Internal (LAN) Start Port and Internal (LAN) End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of the range into the External (WAN) Start Port and Internal (LAN) Start Port boxes. Then enter the highest number of the range into the External (WAN) End Port and Internal (LAN) End Port boxes.
Select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding from the Protocol box.
Don't forget to click the green Apply button after each entry is complete.
Test Your Ports
It is now an excellent idea to test your ports to see if they forwarded correctly. We recommend using our Open Port Checker. It's free and part of our trial version of the Network Utilities. Our port checker is better than the others you find online because we use a local application to see if the ports are open or not. This guarantees an open port verification.
We also recommend checking out our huge selection of free guides. From networking to gaming, portforward.com is your information source.
Are you looking for guides about setting up your router? We got you covered, check out our setuprouter.com site.