Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is a First-Person, Shooter, Action, Role-Playing, and Compilation game published by 2K Games released in 2015.
Ports Required for Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Borderlands: The Handsome Collection are as follows:
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - PC
- TCP: 7777, 27015-27030, 27036-27037, 28900, 28910
- UDP: 4380, 7777, 27000-27031, 27036, 27900
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection simply follow one of these links:
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - Playstation 4
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - Xbox One
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection - PC
When you play Borderlands: The Handsome Collection you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- A game compilation is a collection of smaller games usually from the same manufacturer. Lately game compilations have been composed of older arcade style games released in a single package.
How to Port Forward Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
When you are playing Borderlands: The Handsome Collection you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.