Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for Citadel: Forged with Fire
When you play Citadel: Forged with Fire you will experience the following styles of play.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- An MMO game is a Massively Multiplayer Online game where 1000's of players play in the same game world at the same time. They are frequently fantasy based like World of Warcraft, but they can also be sci-fi like Star Citizen. MMO's have a strong focus on character development and loot collection.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
Forward Ports for Citadel: Forged with Fire
When you are playing Citadel: Forged with Fire you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Citadel: Forged with Fire Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Citadel: Forged with Fire are as follows:
Citadel: Forged with Fire - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Citadel: Forged with Fire - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Citadel: Forged with Fire - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Citadel: Forged with Fire that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
- Citadel: Forged with Fire - Steam
- Citadel: Forged with Fire - Playstation 4
- Citadel: Forged with Fire - Xbox One
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.