Crossout includes the following genres of gameplay.
- Driving/racing games put you in the cockpit of a vehicle. The view can be either from inside the cockpit or from a chase camera. Examples include Mario Kart, Dirt, and Forza.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An MMO game is a Massively Multiplayer Online game where 1000's of players play in the same game world at the same time. They are frequently fantasy based like World of Warcraft, but they can also be sci-fi like Star Citizen. MMO's have a strong focus on character development and loot collection.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Crossout
When you are playing Crossout you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Crossout
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Crossout are as follows:
Crossout - PC
- TCP: 3800-3830, 5222, 6881, 7800-7802, 7850-7854, 8090, 27022-27042
- UDP: 3478-3480, 20010-20500, 35000-36000
Crossout - Steam
- TCP: 3800-3830, 5222, 6881, 7800-7802, 7850-7854, 8090, 27015-27042
- UDP: 3478-3480, 4380, 20010-20500, 27000-27031, 27036, 35000-36000
Crossout - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480, 3800-3830, 5222, 6881, 7800-7802, 7850-7854, 8090, 27022-27042
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3480, 20010-20500, 35000-36000
Crossout - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074, 3800-3830, 5222, 6881, 7800-7802, 7850-7854, 8090, 27022-27042
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3478-3480, 3544, 4500, 20010-20500, 35000-36000
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Crossout simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.