This **D-Link DI-634M ** router has a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections unless specified otherwise. In order to open some of these connections for a game or other online application you need to create a port forward.
Port forwarding is not a difficult process if you follow our guide. We will walk you through each of the steps in order, including:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the D-Link DI-634M router.
- How to find the port forwarding section once you are in the router interface.
- How to create the port forward for your game or application.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
We recommend writing this static IP address down, you need it in Step 4.
To login to the D-Link DI-634M router you need to use a web browser. It doesn't matter which browser you decide to use, we recommend picking one you are the most comfortable using such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Edge.
Open the web browser up and find the address bar. This is typically at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default D-Link DI-634M router IP address is: 192.168.0.1
If you have changed the D-Link DI-634M router's IP address in the past then enter that IP address in the address bar. If you don't remember what you changed it to or the above default address did not work, you need to find out what you changed it to. We recommend following the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
After entering the correct IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. This should give you an authentication page or box like this:
Enter the Username and Password and press the Login button or press the Enter key to access the router's interface.
- The Default D-Link DI-634M Router Username is: admin
- The Default D-Link DI-634M Router Password is: password
This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try if you find yourself here:
- First, we recommend trying other D-Link username and password combinations. If you have a slightly different firmware version of a D-Link router you may also have a different username password combination. Here is our list of the Default D-Link Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, it is likely you changed the username and/or password in the past and don't remember what you changed it to. You can do a couple things here. One - try and guess what you changed it to (chances are this will work). Two - Let us help by automating the process for you. Use our Find Password App. It guesses thousands of different combinations for you. Learn all about it on this Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, and as a last resort, you may need to do a factory reset on the D-Link DI-634M router. A factory reset is a big step and everything you have ever changed is erased. If you use DSL you may also need to contact your ISP for the login information for them. Be aware that a factory reset requires a full reconfiguration of your network. If you need to reset the D-Link DI-634M router, learn how on this How to Reset a Router page.
You should now be logged into the D-Link DI-634M router. It is time to find the port forwarding section of the router. Start from the Home page:
Click the option at the top of the page labeled Advanced.
This takes you to the Virtual Server screen. You are now on the correct page to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enable the Enabled radio button.
Make up a name to put in the Name box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Private IP box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
Use the Protocol Type dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
Enter the same port number to be forwarded into the Private Port and the Public Port boxes.
Be sure that there is a dot in the Always radio button.
After you are done click the Apply button.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the D-Link DI-634M you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Open Port Checker tool. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Don't forget you can always use our Port Forwarding Software. Our software makes port forwarding easy. We help you by troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing all your port forwarding issues for you.
Check out our other networking and gaming guides here.
Need to setup your router? We can help make your router as secure as possible, check out our guides for your router at setuprouter.com.