Dragon Age: Inquisition includes the following genres of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Third person games have the game camera behind the players shoulder. You generally see the main characters back, shoulders, and head. Popular games that are in the 3rd person are Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, and Gears of War.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
How to Port Forward Dragon Age: Inquisition
When you are playing Dragon Age: Inquisition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Dragon Age: Inquisition Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Dragon Age: Inquisition are as follows:
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658-3659, 14000-14016
Dragon Age: Inquisition - PC
- TCP: 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127
- UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Steam
- TCP: 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 27015-27030, 27036-27037, 42127
- UDP: 3659, 4380, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Dragon Age: Inquisition simply follow one of these links:
- Dragon Age: Inquisition - Playstation 4
- Dragon Age: Inquisition - Xbox One
- Dragon Age: Inquisition - Xbox 360
- Dragon Age: Inquisition - Playstation 3
- Dragon Age: Inquisition - PC
- Dragon Age: Inquisition - Steam
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.