How to Port Forward Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age: Origins is Electronic Arts's Role-Playing game with a release date in 2009.
Dragon Age: Origins is a roleplaying game, or simply RPG. Role-Playing Games give you many, many hours of game play where you can explore a sometimes huge new world through the eyes of your own character. They are usually the longest style of game with the most detailed story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
Forward Ports for Dragon Age: Origins
When you are playing Dragon Age: Origins you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Dragon Age: Origins
The specific incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Dragon Age: Origins are as follows:
Dragon Age: Origins - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Dragon Age: Origins - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Dragon Age: Origins - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Dragon Age: Origins yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Dragon Age: Origins - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Dragon Age: Origins simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.