Opening Ports for Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon using Your Router
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon has the following styles of gameplay.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Port Forward Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
When you are playing Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
The connection ports for Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon are as follows:
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon that will show you the specific ports.
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - PC
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - Playstation 3
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - Xbox 360
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.