How To Port Forward Warframe
Warframe has the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Warframe
When you are playing Warframe you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Warframe Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Warframe are as follows:
Warframe - PC
- TCP: 6695-6699
- UDP: 4950,4955
Warframe - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,6695-6699
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,4950,4955
Warframe - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,6695-6699
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500,4950,4955
Warframe - Switch
- TCP: 6667,6695-6699,12400,28910,29900-29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Warframe that will show you the connection ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.