When you play Iron Brigade you will experience the following styles of play.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- Third person games have the game camera behind the players shoulder. You generally see the main characters back, shoulders, and head. Popular games that are in the 3rd person are Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, and Gears of War.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
How to Port Forward Iron Brigade
When you are playing Iron Brigade you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Iron Brigade
The required incoming ports for Iron Brigade are as follows:
Iron Brigade - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Iron Brigade - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Iron Brigade simply follow one of these links:
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.