How to Port Forward Mafia II: Definitive Edition in Your Router
Mafia II: Definitive Edition has the following styles of play.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Driving/racing games put you in the cockpit of a vehicle. The view can be either from inside the cockpit or from a chase camera. Examples include Mario Kart, Dirt, and Forza.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Mafia II: Definitive Edition
When you are playing Mafia II: Definitive Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Mafia II: Definitive Edition Require
The network ports for Mafia II: Definitive Edition are as follows:
Mafia II: Definitive Edition - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Mafia II: Definitive Edition - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Mafia II: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Mafia II: Definitive Edition - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Mafia II: Definitive Edition yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
We have guides that are custom tailored for Mafia II: Definitive Edition that will show you the required ports that need to be forwarded.
- Mafia II: Definitive Edition - Playstation 4
- Mafia II: Definitive Edition - Steam
- Mafia II: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.