The following ports need to be forwarded for Moonlight Game Streaming:
Moonlight Game Streaming - PC
- TCP: 47984, 47989, 48010
- UDP: 47998-48000, 48002, 48010
Setting Up a Port Forward for Moonlight Game Streaming
When you use Moonlight Game Streaming you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Moonlight Game Streaming.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for Moonlight Game Streaming
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Moonlight Game Streaming in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Moonlight Game Streaming:
List of Routers - Customized for Moonlight Game Streaming
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Moonlight Game Streaming.