How to Port Forward NHL 20 in Your Router
NHL 20 is a Sports game published by EA Sports released in 2019.
NHL 20 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Port Forward NHL 20
When you are playing NHL 20 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for NHL 20
The exact ports for NHL 20 are as follows:
NHL 20 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,10000-10150,42127
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,3659,4500,6000,10000-10150
NHL 20 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,10000-10150,42127
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3659,6000,10000-10150
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and NHL 20 simply follow one of these links:
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.