The following ports need to be forwarded for Polycom ViaVideo H.323:
Polycom ViaVideo H.323 - PC
- TCP: 1720, 5060
- UDP: 3230-3237, 5060
Forward Ports for Polycom ViaVideo H.323
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Polycom ViaVideo H.323. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Polycom ViaVideo H.323.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your phone's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for Polycom ViaVideo H.323
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your phone into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Polycom ViaVideo H.323 in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Polycom ViaVideo H.323:
List of Routers - Customized for Polycom ViaVideo H.323
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Polycom ViaVideo H.323.