When you play Red Faction: Guerrilla you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
How to Port Forward Red Faction: Guerrilla
When you are playing Red Faction: Guerrilla you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Red Faction: Guerrilla Require
The incoming connection ports for Red Faction: Guerrilla are as follows:
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Red Faction: Guerrilla - PC
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Steam
- TCP: 3074, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 88, 3074, 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Red Faction: Guerrilla simply follow one of these links:
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - Xbox 360
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - Playstation 3
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - PC
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - Steam
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - Playstation 4
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - Xbox One
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - Switch
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.