Forwarding Ports for Resident Evil 4 on Your Router.
Resident Evil 4 offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
Forward Ports for Resident Evil 4
When you are playing Resident Evil 4 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Resident Evil 4
The network ports for Resident Evil 4 are as follows:
Resident Evil 4 - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Resident Evil 4 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Resident Evil 4 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Resident Evil 4 - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Resident Evil 4 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Resident Evil 4 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Resident Evil 4 simply follow one of these links:
- Resident Evil 4 - PC
- Resident Evil 4 - Playstation 3
- Resident Evil 4 - Playstation 4
- Resident Evil 4 - Wii
- Resident Evil 4 - Xbox 360
- Resident Evil 4 - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.