How to Port Forward Resident Evil - Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City offers the following styles of gameplay.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there is a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Third person games have the game camera behind the players shoulder. You generally see the main characters back, shoulders, and head. Popular games that are in the 3rd person are Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, and Gears of War.
Port Forward Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
When you are playing Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
The ports that need to be forwarded for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City are as follows:
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - PC
- TCP: 3074,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 88,3074,4380,27000-27031,27036
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City simply follow one of these links:
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - PC
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Xbox 360
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Playstation 3
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.