Forward Ports on Your Router for Sonic CD
Sonic CD is a Platformer game published by Sega released in 1996.
Sonic CD is considered a platform style of game, or simply a platformer. Platformer games are action games where the players reflexes are put to the test while jumping a character from platform to platform, usually in a side view. Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong are popular, classic platformer games.
Forward Ports for Sonic CD
When you are playing Sonic CD you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Sonic CD Require
The specific ports for Sonic CD are as follows:
Sonic CD - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Sonic CD yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Sonic CD - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Sonic CD - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Sonic CD simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.