The following ports need to be forwarded for Switchvox:
Switchvox - Default
- TCP: 80, 443, 5060-5061, 5095, 55062
- UDP: 4000-4999, 5060-5061, 5095, 10000-20000, 55062
Setting Up a Port Forward for Switchvox
When you use Switchvox you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Switchvox.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your phone.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Switchvox
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your phone's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Switchvox in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Switchvox:
List of Routers - Customized for Switchvox
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Switchvox.