Which Ports Does The Last of Us Part II Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for The Last of Us Part II are as follows:
The Last of Us Part II - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
We have guides that are custom tailored for The Last of Us Part II that will show you the ports.
The Last of Us Part II offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Third person games have the game camera behind the players shoulder. You generally see the main characters back, shoulders, and head. Popular games that are in the 3rd person are Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed, and Gears of War.
- Action games are focused on physical challenges such as jumping over obstacles, climbing ladders, and shooting enemies. Reflexes play a large part in action game play.
- The main concept behind an adventure game is that you are the main character and you follow the game through a story that unfolds as you play.
Forward Ports for The Last of Us Part II
When you are playing The Last of Us Part II you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.