How to Port Forward Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Conviction
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction offers the following genres of gameplay.
Port Forward Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
The required incoming ports for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - PC
- TCP: 3081,3105,13000,13005,13200,14000-14001,14008,22350-22380
- UDP: 9100,9103,10196
We have guides that are custom tailored for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction that will show you the connection ports.
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.