TP-Link Archer C9 Router Port Forwarding Instructions
In this guide we will be showing you how to port forward on the TP-Link Archer C9 router. We will walk you through each step in the process.
Your TP-Link Archer C9 router comes with a firewall that by design blocks incoming connections to your home network. If you want some of these connections unblocked or opened for a game or application you need to create a port forward.
We will walk you through each of the following steps:
- Setting up a Static IP address on the device you want to forward these ports to.
- Login to the TP-Link Archer C9 router.
- Find the port forwarding section of the TP-Link Archer C9 router.
- What information to enter in your router in order to create a port forward.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
In order to login to the TP-Link Archer C9 router you need to use a web browser because your router uses a web interface to make setting changes. It should not matter which browser you decide to use, simply pick your favorite. Some of the more common options are:
- Internet Explorer
Once you have opened the web browser, find the address bar at the top of the page. It looks similar to this:
Do you see the address bar in the image above? We have circled it for you in the image above. All you need to do is replace whatever is in this bar with the router's IP address (also called the Default Gateway).
If you have changed the router's IP address in the past and don't remember what you changed it to, use this How To Find Your Router's IP Address guide to help you.
By default the TP-Link Archer C9 router has an IP address of: 192.168.0.1
After entering the proper IP address, click the Enter key on your keyboard. The following image should appear on your screen:
If you see the image above you are doing great. Simply enter the router's username and password in these boxes. This is not the WiFi username and password, this particular password and username combo are for the router interface only.
- The Default TP-Link Archer C9 Router Username is: admin
- The Default TP-Link Archer C9 Router Password is: admin
Go ahead and enter the username and password for the TP-Link Archer C9 router and click the Login button.
This is a common place to have trouble. If you find yourself here, there are several things you can try:
- First, why not try other common TP-Link username/password combos. Sometimes if you have a slightly different version of the router the password will be different as well. Here is our list of Default TP-Link Router Passwords.
- If you are still unable to login to the TP-Link Archer C9 router interface then it is probably because you changed the username and password in the past and don't remember what you changed them to. To remedy this we recommend using our Find Password App. This helps you to find out what you changed your router password and username to. This app will only work on your local home network, not over the Internet. Learn more about this app and how it works on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally if you are still stuck, it might be time to consider a reset. A reset like this erases every single setting you have ever changed in the past. Please be sure you exhaust other troubleshooting methods before you continue. Learn how to reset this router on our How to Reset a Router page.
Once you are logged into the TP-Link Archer C9 router you need to find the port forwarding section. To help you do this follow these steps, starting on the Network Map page of your router:
On this page, click the tab at the top labeled Advanced.
Next, click the option in the left sidebar labeled Forwarding.
Then, under that choose Virtual Servers.
You should now see a page like the one seen above. Click the option in center section labeled Add New...
Congratulations, you have reached the port forwarding section of the TP-Link Archer C9 router.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the port to forward into the Service Port and the Internal Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
From the Protocol box select the protocol for the ports that you want to forward.
Use the Status dropdown box to pick Enabled.
Click the Save button when you are all done.
Make sure to click the Save button after each entry.
That's it, congratulations.
Are Your Ports Forwarded?
It's hard to tell sometimes if the ports you just forwarded did so correctly. It is always a good idea to check them to be sure they forwarded as they were suppose to. In order to do this we recommend using our Open Port Checker. It is part of our Network Utilities free trial. Our port checker uses a local application to listen for the server trying to connect. This way we can confirm that your port is actually forwarded.
If you have questions that we didn't cover in this guide, please take a look in our forum. There is a good chance the question has already been raised. We also have lots of knowledgeable people ready to tackle your hardest port forwarding questions.