When you play Watch Dogs 2 you will experience the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
Port Forward Watch Dogs 2
When you are playing Watch Dogs 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Watch Dogs 2
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for Watch Dogs 2 are as follows:
Watch Dogs 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500,9104
Watch Dogs 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,9103,11100,11105
Watch Dogs 2 - PC
- TCP: 13000,13005,13200,14000-14001,14008,14020-14024
- UDP: 9000,9103,11100,11105
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Watch Dogs 2 simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.