Watch Dogs 2 is a Third-Person, Open-World, Action, Adventure, Driving/Racing, and Shooter game published by Ubisoft released in 2016.
Ports Required for Watch Dogs 2
The exact ports for Watch Dogs 2 are as follows:
Watch Dogs 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500, 9104
Watch Dogs 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 9103, 11100, 11105
Watch Dogs 2 - PC
- TCP: 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000-14001, 14008, 14020-14024
- UDP: 9000, 9103, 11100, 11105
We have guides that are custom tailored for Watch Dogs 2 that will show you the specific incoming ports.
Watch Dogs 2 offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Action games are focused on physical challenges such as jumping over obstacles, climbing ladders, and shooting enemies. Reflexes play a large part in action game play.
- The main concept behind an adventure game is that you are the main character and you follow the game through a story that unfolds as you play.
- In driving/racing style games you are in control of a vehicle, either from its cockpit or from a chase camera. They are usually fast paced and reflex based. Some of them have story modes while others are more arcade style. Popular driving racing games include Forza, Dirt, and Mario Kart.
- Shooter style games are usually a fast action style game that is based on testing the players reaction time. Most of the time the player has a weapon held out in front that is the primary means of targeting other players and enemies. Single player shooters usually have a short story mode based on finding ammo and guns, while multiplayer shooters tend to have some amount of player advancement over time. Halo and Call of Duty are popular shooters.
Forward Ports for Watch Dogs 2
When you are playing Watch Dogs 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.