Your Ambit U10C022 router has a firewall that blocks unwanted connections to and from the Internet. Sometimes you want some of these connections (ports) unblocked for an online game or other online application. To unblock these port you need to create a port forward. A port forward opens specific ports for a specific device on your network.
In this guide we will walk you through all the steps involved in getting your ports forwarded on the Ambit U10C022 router. We will show you how to:
- Setup a static IP address on your computer or device that you want to forward a port to.
- Login to your Ambit U10C022 router.
- Navigate to the port forwarding section.
- Create a port forward entry.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
NOTE: Write this static IP address down, you need it later in this guide.
Now let's login to the Ambit U10C022 router. To do that you need to use your computer and open up a web browser. It usually doesn't matter what browser you decide to use. We recommend just using the one you are the most comfortable with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.
Open up your web browser and find the address bar. It looks something like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Ambit U10C022 router IP address (computer's default gateway) is: 192.168.0.1
Did the default IP address not work? Did you change the router's IP address in the past and don't recall what you changed it to? To find out what the current router IP address is follow the instructions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press Enter. If you entered the correct IP address you will see a screen similar to the following image:
You should see a box similar to the one you see above. Simply enter the router's username and password here and press the OK button to access the router interface.
- The Default Ambit U10C022 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Ambit U10C022 Router Password is: password
If the above username and password did not work, here are a few things you can try:
- Other Ambit usernames and passwords. If your Ambit is a different firmware version you could also have a different username and password combination. Here is our list of Default Ambit Router Passwords.
- Our Find Password App to help you figure out what you changed the username and password to. Learn more about that on this Router Password Cracker page.
- As an absolute last resort, you could perform a factory reset on the Ambit U10C022 router. This will erase everything you have ever changed on the router including the username and password. We DO NOT recommend doing a reset unless you have exhausted your other options first. A full router reconfiguration will need to be done afterwards. Learn the basics of resetting a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
Now we need to find the port forwarding section in your router. Here's how you do it. Starting from the first page in your router:
At the top of the page, click the link labeled GATEWAY.
Now look in the left sidebar. Find and click the link labeled Forwarding under Advanced Gateway Setup
You should now see a page similar to the one above. This is the right page to create a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the Local IP box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
If you are just forwarding a single port number then you can simply enter that same number into both the Internal Port, Ext Start Port and the Ext End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, usually separated by a hyphen, then you need to enter the lowest number of that range into the Internal Port, Ext Start Port box and then enter highest number into the Ext End Port box.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
In the Enable checkbox put a checkmark.
After you are finished, click the Apply button to save your work.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Ambit U10C022 you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
If you are struggling with the port forward, we recommend using our Port Forward Software. We believe port forwarding should be easy and with our software it is. We will troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix any port forwarding issues you are having.
Don't forget to check out our full list of guides here. We have networking, gaming, and software guides. portforward.com is your computer information source.
Do you need router setup help? Check out the different guides we have for setting up your router here at setuprouter.com.