When you play Fallout Shelter you will experience the following styles of play.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
How to Port Forward Fallout Shelter
When you are playing Fallout Shelter you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Fallout Shelter
The specific ports for Fallout Shelter are as follows:
Fallout Shelter - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Fallout Shelter yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Fallout Shelter - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Fallout Shelter - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Fallout Shelter - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Fallout Shelter - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Fallout Shelter simply follow one of these links:
- Fallout Shelter - Xbox One
- Fallout Shelter - Playstation 4
- Fallout Shelter - Switch
- Fallout Shelter - Steam
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.