Your Huawei HG530 router has a basic firewall that helps to protect your local network from any unwanted Internet access. A firewall blocks all incoming connections except a few so you can browse the web. Sometimes you want some of these connections opened for a game or application. This process is called a port forward since you are forwarding a port or ports from the Internet directly to a device on your network.
In this guide we will show you how to port forward the Huawei HG530 router. We will walk you through each step involved in the process.
The steps involved in port forwarding are:
- Setup a static IP address on the computer or device you want to forward these ports to.
- Login to your Huawei HG530 router.
- Find the port forwarding section.
- Click the Basic link.
- Click on NAT.
- Click the Virtual Server button.
- Create a port forward entry.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
In order to login to the Huawei HG530 you have to open it's web interface. To access a web interface you have to login using a web browser.
Open up the web browser of your choosing. It can be any web browser you like, just pick your favorite. Some common web browsers are:
- Internet Explorer
After opening the web browser, you need to find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Huawei HG530 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press Enter. If all goes well you will see the following screen:
You are in the right spot if you are asked for a username and password.
- The Default Huawei HG530 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Huawei HG530 Router Password is: admin
Go ahead and enter the username and password for the Huawei HG530 router and press the OK button to login to the Huawei HG530 web interface.
This is where most of us get stuck. There are several things you can do to possibly fix this problem:
- It is possible you have a slightly different firmware version with a different username and password. We recommend trying other Default Huawei Router Passwords.
- If that did not work it is probable that you changed the username and password and have forgotten. We have a Find Password App that automates the process of trying different username/password combinations. To prevent illegal activity this app will ONLY work on your home network. Learn more about it on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally if nothing else works, it may be time to consider a factory reset. A reset like this one is going to erase every setting you have ever changed on your router.
To find the port forwarding section of the router you need to follow these steps:
First, click the Basic option in the left sidebar.
Under that a new menu appears. In this new menu click the NAT option.
Finally, in the center section of the page, find and click the Virtual Server button.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Choose an empty rule from the Rule Index dropdown box.
Put a name for this forward in the Application box so that you can remember why you set this forward up. The name does not matter so pick something that has meaning to you.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the Start Port Number, End Port Number, Start Port (Local) and End Port (Local) boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the Start Port Number and Start Port (Local) boxes and the highest number of the range into the End Port Number and End Port (Local) boxes.
Enter the IP address to forward these ports to into the Local IP Address box. If you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box.
Click the Submit button when you are all done.
Make sure to click Submit to save your changes before you exit.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Once you have forwarded the ports on the Huawei HG530 router you need to test them to see if your ports forwarded correctly.
To test if your ports opened correctly on the Huawei HG530 router we recommend using our Open Port Checker. This is part of our free trial version of the Network Utilities tool. This Open Port Checker is not only free but it is the only online port checker that is guaranteed to work.
Hopefully this guide helped get your ports forwarded. Why not check out some of our other guides: