Fastest Technicolor 7230s Router Port Forwarding
All Technicolor 7230s routers include a basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall works by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections to and from the Internet that do not have authorization. This is normally all you need to surf the Internet, however some online games and online programs will run much smoother if additional connections or ports are authorized. To do this you need to create a port forward.
In this guide I will show you how to forward ports on the Technicolor 7230s router. I will cover how to:
- setup a static IP address on the exact device you plan on forwarding the ports to.
- login to the Technicolor 7230s router.
- find the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- create a port forward entry on the Technicolor 7230s router.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it a little later in the process.
Here we will show you how to login to the Technicolor 7230s router. This router has a web interface that means to make setting adjustments you need to open a web browser. I recommend using the one you are using right now. Common web browsers include: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
Once you have opened the web browser up, find the address bar. It is normally at the top of the page like this:
In the image above I have circled the address bar for you. All you need to do now is replace what is currently in the address bar with the router's IP address. This is also sometimes referred to as the router's GUI address or the computer's default gateway.
By default the Technicolor 7230s router's IP address is: 192.168.0.1
After entering the router's IP address in the address bar, click the Enter key. This should give you a login page like this:
If you do not see a page like the one seen above, you need to figure out what the router's IP address is. To do this you need to follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You need to enter a username and password.
- The Default Technicolor 7230s Router Username is: admin
- The Default Technicolor 7230s Router Password is: password
Go ahead and enter the username and password then press the Login button to gain access to the Technicolor 7230s router interface.
If you find yourself stuck and unable to gain access to the Technicolor 7230s router there are a few things you can try:
- First, I always recommend trying other default Technicolor passwords. Router manufacturers are always updating the router's firmware so if your username and password did not work, it may have been updated and changed. Here is our list of common Default Technicolor Router Passwords.
- If that did not work it is probably because you changed the router's username and password in the past and don't remember what it was changed to. Try guessing a few times, or try our Find Password App. Learn more about it on this page.
- Finally, if nothing else works, it may be time to consider a factory reset for the router. Do not reset the router unless you have no other options. A reset erases everything you have ever changed in the past. A full reconfiguration of the router will be needed after a factory reset is complete. Learn the basics of resetting a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the device. To help you do this we start on the Status page of the Technicolor 7230s.
Click the option at the top of the page labeled Advanced.
This should take you to the correct page of the device. If you are not on a page like the one seen above, click the option in the left sidebar labeled Forwarding.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the IP address to forward these ports to into the Local IP Address box. If you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box.
If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the Local Start Port, Local End Port, External Start Port and External End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the Local Start Port and External Start Port boxes and the highest number of the range into the Local End Port and External End Port boxes.
The External IP box cab be left blank.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
Create a name for this forward and put it in the Description box. The name is only used as a reminder and has no effect on the port forward.
Use the Enabled dropdown box to choose On.
When you are done click the Apply button.
When you are finished, click the Apply button to save your changes.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Technicolor 7230s you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides here.
Is your router secure? Is your router using the best encryption available? Find out and learn how to fix it at setuprouter.com.