Forwarding Ports in a ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A Router
Your EMG3415-B10A router helps to protect your network by blocking incoming internet connections. This is an important feature that helps you to control which applications have access to your network. Sometimes you want to allow network access to a specific application in order to play a game, connect a device, or use an app. The ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A can unblock certain incoming connections through port forwarding or by opening a port. You can open ports in your EMG3415-B10A by assigning specific ports to an IP address. Forwarding these ports directs incoming data to a specific device or application.
In order to open ports in your ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router, you need to:
- On the computer or device that you are forwarding ports to, you will need to set up a static IP address.
- Go ahead and log in to your ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router.
- Find the Port Forwarding section in your ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router.
- Click on the Network Setting tab, which can be found at the bottom of the screen.
- Make sure that you are in the NAT section of your router.
- Find the Port Forwarding tab located near the top of the screen and click on it.
- Go ahead and create a Port Forwarding entry.
The process of opening ports in your router may seem like a difficult task. If so, you are not alone! We are here to help walk you through the steps to open a port in the ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
In order to ensure that your ports remain open in your device even after it reboots, it is important to set up a static IP address in your device.
Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
→ Download Network Utilities today!
Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Log in to the ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router. To do this you need to use a web browser because the ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router uses what is called a web interface.
It normally doesn't matter what web browser you use so go ahead and open up your favorite. If you don't have a favorite or are confused, open up Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
If that is confusing to you, we have simplified this step with this link: Login to your EMG3415-B10A Router
Once you have opened up a browser window, find the address bar. This is usually at the top of the page like the image below shows.
You should see 192.168.200.1 in the address bar of the screenshot shown above. This is your router's IP address (sometimes listed as the default gateway.)
The ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router's default IP address is: 192.168.200.1
Once you have finished entering your router's IP address into the address bar, click the enter button on your keyboard. A box similar to the one below should appear.
Enter the username and password for your ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router. Note: If you have changed these numbers in the past, you will need to enter in the those values.
- The default ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A Router Username is: admin
- The default ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A Router Password is: admin
Once you have entered your username and password, remember to click the Login button to login to your ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router.
ZyXEL Usernames and Passwords
If the username and password did not work I recommend checking out our Default ZyXEL Router Passwords page.
If, after trying the above list of passwords you still can't login you may need to consider a reset for your router. Learn how to do that by reading our How to Reset a Router guide. After resetting the ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router your username and password are reverted back to factory defaults.
You should be on the home page of your ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A router once you have successfully logged in. Find the Port Forwarding section of your router.
- Find the Network Setting tab at the bottom of the screen and click it.
- Make sure that you are in the NAT section of your router.
- Find the Port Forwarding tab located near the top of the screen and click it.
You should now be on a page called Port Forwarding.
Make sure that it is necessary for you to open a port in your router before doing so, since this will allow data to come through the firewall portion of your router to a specific device. It is possible that this could lead to malicious traffic on your network. However, don't let this warning stop you from making this change if you need it because the risk is very low.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Click the Add New Rule button.
- Select Enable from the Status drop down box.
- Put a name for this forward in the Service Name box so that you can remember why you set this forward up. The name does not matter so pick something that has meaning to you.
- Leave WAN Interface alone.
- If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the Start Port and the End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the Start Port box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the End Port box.
- In the Translation Start Port box, enter the same values that you entered into the Start Port box.
- Enter the exact same values that you put in the End Port box, into the Translation End Port box.
- Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to into the Server IP Address box. It is possible to forward a port to the IP address of your computer or to the IP address of a specific device on your internal network.
- Leave the Enable checkbox blank next to Configure Originating IP.
- In the Protocol dropdown box, select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding. Choose Both if your router has that option. Otherwise, select either TCP or UDP as needed. If you need to forward a port for both TCP and UDP and your router does not have the Both option, then you need to create two entries.
- Ignore Wake up this target by WOL and also ignore MAC address of WOL device.
- When you are completely finished, click the OK button at the bottom of the page to apply these changes.
Test If Your Ports Are Open
Finally, I strongly recommend testing to see if you forwarded the ZyXEL EMG3415-B10A ports correctly. To do this you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Open Port Checker is the only online port checking tool that has Guaranteed Results.
Other Guides You May Be Interested In: